Frequently Asked Questions
- What if my doctor doesn’t believe in MMJ?
The voters of Massachusetts have spoken. Medical marijuana has been legal in the state since 2012. While some doctors may have reservations about marijuana, many patients have found it useful for treating a variety of conditions.
- Synthetic THC (the active compound in marijuana) is much less effective
- Medical marijuana does not have to be smoked to be administered
- There have been thousands of studies about medical marijuana. Read more here.
- Medical cannabis has been found to be a valuable, safe treatment option
Before it was legalized, the only place to obtain marijuana was as a street drug, which meant it could be laced with pesticides or dangerous drugs including fentanyl, never mind any idea of quality control over the marijuana itself. There are doctors
in Massachusetts who understand how useful marijuana can be for patients. Use our drop-down menu to find a registered physician who may be able to qualify you. The physician will explain the proper use of marijuana, its side effects,
appropriate dosing, and possible interactions with other medications.
- Will the doctor set my dosage?
No. Doctors determine whether medical marijuana is an appropriate treatment for your condition(s), but dosing is up to you, within the bounds of state law.
Cannabis Products and Attributes
- Where does SAGENATURALS get its medical marijuana?
SAGENATURALS cultivates and manufactures all of the cannabis and infused products for sale at the dispensary. We begin with the best cannabis seeds from the top worldwide vendors. From seed to sale, we fully control every plant’s lifecycle.
- What are the differences between Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid strains?
Sativa Cannabis strains have been described as producing an uplifting and energetic state, suitable for daytime use. Sativa strains are often used to stimulate appetite, relieve fatigue, and induce a general sense of well-being.
Indica Cannabis strains are most often described as producing a relaxed state. Varieties of this strain tend to relax the body and induce sleep. Indica strains may be helpful for relaxation and reduction of anxiety and stress.
Hybrid Cannabis strains contain a combination of both Sativa and Indica properties. Hybrid strains blend the best qualities of each strain allowing patients to treat a variety of symptoms.
High CBD Cannabis strains contain a high amount of Cannabidiol (CBD). High CBD strains produce no psychoactive affects and have been shown to have promising results in reducing seizure activity, muscle spasticity, and inflammation.
- How does THC help treat illness or pain? Is More THC “better”?
THC is the chemical compound responsible for most of the of marijuana’s psychological effects. Tests have shown that THC provides mild to moderate pain relief (analgesic effects), and can be used for treatment of a wide variety of conditions. The amount
of THC required to have a therapeutic effect varies by patient.
- What is CBD and how does it affect my body?
CBD, unlike THC, does not have psychoactive properties. Studies have shown that CBD appears to have wide-ranging medical benefits, with promising results in reducing seizure activity, muscle spasticity, and inflammation.
- Where can I purchase medical marijuana devices and accessories to administer my dose?
Conveniently, you can get it all from us at SAGENATURALS. Our Cambridge and Somerville dispensaries currently sell vaporizers, grinders, and rolling papers.
- What’s the deal with edibles? Are they safer? More effective?
The consumption of marijuana-infused foods or edibles produces a much different effect than smoking or vaporizing. Edibles can be slow to produce any noticeable relief because the body must break down and absorb the active ingredients in the GI system
before they can enter the bloodstream. This process can take as much as two hours, and the results can last for four to six hours. Edibles have been described as giving more of a “body” high compared to a “head” high, and they can
be particularly helpful to relieve pain, muscle spasms, and sleep disorders. Our edible products are for adult use in a responsible manner, much the same way alcohol consumption is restricted to people 21 years old or older. If you
have more questions, talk to a SAGENATURALS Patient Advocate for more advice about edibles. A good rule of thumb is to start low and go slow. That way, you’ll avoid any dosing mishaps while you and your body get used to the method.
- I’ve never been to a dispensary before, how does the process work?
Medical Marijuana dispensaries are tightly regulated with a high level of security. If you plan to visit our dispensary, you’ll need your Medical Use of Marijuana card, issued by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and an additional valid form
of identification (license/passport). First-time visitors will also need to complete an authorization form to be admitted to the dispensary. A typical buying experience goes like this:
- Arrive at 1001 Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge or 240 Elm Street in Somerville. The entrances to both dispensaries are located one flight down from street level. An elevator for wheelchair access is available at both locations.
- Ring the bell at the door and show your certification card and valid ID (license/passport) to the camera.
- You will be allowed to enter the security vestibule, and your card and ID will be checked. We’ll check you into our system at this time, and your allotment is also reviewed upon entry to verify how much cannabis you can purchase
at that time.
- If everything is in order, you will be allowed entry into the reception area. First time visitors will fill out a quick informational form.
- Next, enter the sales floor. It’s spacious with lots of bays for an efficient, quick experience. You are welcome to browse our products and discuss your options with our knowledgeable Patient Advocates.
- If you need a personal consultation, our well-informed staff will accommodate you and answer any questions you may have.
- When you are ready to complete your purchase, we will double-check your allotment.
- For easy payment, we accept cash and debit cards.
- Once you have paid and checked out, you will exit the building from a separate door than the one you entered.
- How much medical marijuana am I allowed to purchase?
Under current Massachusetts law, patients can purchase up to 10 ounces over a period of 60 days.
- Where are the prices?
Under current Massachusetts law, we are not allowed to share our prices online or over the phone. We have the lowest pricing in the commonwealth so come into our location today to check out our low prices.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept both cash and debit card payments. We absorb the debit card processing fees. We also have an ATM available in our lobby.
- Do you offer discounts or promotions?
We will let our patients know in advance when promotions happen, so stay tuned to our website and on social media for product updates and announcements.
- Do you offer a Veterans’ discount?
We proudly support our Veterans and offer a 15% discount on all products. To qualify, show your active Military ID or DD-214 form to your patient advocate at checkout.
- Do you offer Financial Hardship assistance?
SAGENATURALS offers a 10 percent discount for patients with a demonstrated financial hardship. To be enrolled in our program, you’ll need:
- A valid Masshealth Eligibility Letter or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) card
- Proof of verifiable income below 300% of Federal Poverty Level guidelines
- Do you offer any Senior discounts?
SAGENATURALS is excited to offer patients 65+ years of age, a 10% discount on all products Monday through Wednesday.
- Can I use a medical marijuana card from another state to purchase from SAGENATURALS?
No. Under current Massachusetts law, only patients and caregivers who are registered with the Massachusetts Department of Health can visit medical dispensaries within the state.
- Is medical marijuana covered by health insurance?
No. Medical insurance companies do not offer coverage for any medical marijuana products. Because of this, SAGENATURALS has set its prices lower than any other dispensary in Massachusetts. We believe in providing the highest-quality medicine at the lowest
- Is there a delivery service you work with or could recommend?
Delivery will be coming soon! As soon as we can, we’ll start offering delivery for residents in Cambridge and beyond.
More about SAGENATURALS
- How Do I get a job at SAGENATURALS? Are they any special rules or regulations for being an MMJ worker?
To work at SAGENATURALS, you must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass all background checks mandated by the Massachusetts Department of Health. If you love to work hard, are passionate about helping people, and want to be part of a great team, please send us your resume. Jobs at our dispensary are retail-focused, while our cultivation and production facility has a wider array of employment opportunities.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
- How can I get in touch with you?